Quick Links

Quick Links

Back to top

Becket Primary School

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities


All children work in class in a way and at a level that supports their learning best. Many children from time to time need some extra help and specialised support to make sure they use all their talents to the full. If we think your child needs this sort of help with either learning or behaviour we will:

  • Talk to you about this before we begin any work and include your child’s name on the Special Needs Register.
  • Write your child his or her own plan to help with learning (IEP).
  • Keep you fully informed of their progress and make sure you know what is happening next by inviting you to IEP review meetings.
  • If needed involve you in discussion with other professionals, e.g including Speech and Language Therapist, Educational Psychologist.

For children with physical disabilities, there are no steps to negotiate in the building and we have a disabled toilet. Access arrangements are reviewed regularly for disabled pupils and changes are made accordingly. When admitting pupils with special needs or disabilities we always seek the views of parents in how best to support your child in making a smooth transition into Becket Primary School so it is very important that parents keep us informed of any needs that their children have. Please talk to staff if you have any concerns about this.

For Special Educational Needs (SEN), please contact Mr A Beattie (Becket Primary School SENCo) on 01332 347595 or email senco@becket.derby.sch.uk

For more information about Special Educational Needs please click the link below:

SEND Explained for Parents

Click here to view the SEND Policy

SEND Policy

Click to view the 2023-2024 SEN Information Report
SEND Information Report 2023-2024

Local Offer

Derby’s SEND Local Offer is an online one stop shop for parents and young people to find out about all the services and support on offer to children and young people from birth to 25 who have special educational needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)in the city.

Derby City Council, along with all other local authorities, are required to pub-lish information about services they expect to be available in their area. Derby City’s Local Offer is available here: www.derby.gov.uk/sendlocaloffer . It tells parents how to access services and support in Derby City and what to expect from these services, including details of Higher Needs Funding and Education and Health Care Plans.