We have previously consulted parents on our RSE policy and approach, but we have recently investigated a new whole-scheme PSHE scheme from Kapow, which includes our RSE content.
To ensure that we are transparent in the delivery of PSHE and RSE we would like to run another short consultation.
We’ve worked hard to make sure that our new curriculum reflects:
- Our pupils’ age and maturity levels, as well as their cultural and religious backgrounds
- The values of our school community
- Every pupil’s learning needs
- What pupils need to know to be healthy and safe in school, in their personal relationships and in the wider world.
Please note that we cover sex education in our scheme, but parents have the right to withdraw their children from any sex education elements, apart from areas that are required in the National Curriculum for science. Parents are not able to withdraw their children from relationship and health elements of the curriculum.
Before any sex education (Year 6) is delivered, parents will be given the right to withdraw their children from these lessons. We will provide suitable alternative learning during this period.
We’ve now updated our RSE policy, which is in draft format, to include our proposed new curriculum.
- PSHE and RSE Long Term Planning
- PSHE and RSE Policy 2022
- PSHE and RSE Progression of Skills and Knowledge
- RSE and PSHE Vocabulary Progression
We’d like your feedback on the proposed RSE curriculum, and the wider policy.
If you have any feedback, please complete the online form below:
The deadline for responding to the consultation is midday on 13th July 2022.