PSHE and RSE
Our teaching of PSHE and RSE will lead to children meeting the standards of attainments across the school and those that are expected of our children nationally. Children will each make progress relative to their own individual starting point.
We strive to ensure that by the end of their time with us at Becket Primary School, each child will:
- Recognise and apply the British Values
- Be able to recognise, understand and manage their own emotions
- Understand who they can rely on and ask for support.
- Look after their own mental health and ask for support where necessary.
- Be on their way to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Recognise differences and have an understanding of diversity.
- Apply learnt skills in real life situations
- Demonstrate self-confidence and self-esteem.
- Have developed and maintained healthy relationships with peers and adults.
- Understand the physical aspects involved in the teaching of RSE at the level appropriate to them as an individual.
- Show respect to themselves and others.
Once taught the full Kapow scheme, children will have met the objectives set out within the Relationships and Health Education statutory guidance and will be able to utilise their learning within their daily lives, from dealing with friendship issues to resilience to making healthy choices and knowing where and how to get help when needed.
- PSHE at a Glance
- PSHE and RSE Policy 2022
- PSHE association Mapping RSE PSHE
- RSE Overview
- RSE PSHE Long Term Plan
- RSE PSHE Progression of KSAV
- Statutory guidance mapping document RSE PSHE